
Kitten Kast # 202 (right click, save as)
It's Hank Williams' 90th birthday next Tuesday, although he only made it to 29. He died on New Year's Eve 1953 in the back of a Cadillac, surrounded by beer cans and unfinished lyrics, en route to a show in Charleston, West Virginia. I've been obsessed with him since I first heard Long Gone Lonesome Blues about 5 years ago. His voice is so sad. He wrote some of the bleakest music I've ever heard. He sang about lost love, hard living and redemption. I'll shut up now so you can sit back and listen to Hank. Enjoy.
Long Gone Lonesome Blues
Your Cheatin' Heart
I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
Low Down Blues
There's A Tear In My Beer
I'm A Long Gone Daddy
Alone And Forsaken
Lost Highway
When God Dips His Love In My Heart
I Saw The Light
Are You Walkin' And A Talkin' For The Lord?
The Wild Side Of Life
Settin' The Woods On Fire
I Just Don't Like This Kind Of Livin'
Moanin' The Blues
Lovesick Blues
California Zephyr
I Won't Be Home No More
Dixie Cannonball
Honky Tonk Blues
Weary Blues From Waitin'
You Win Again
I Can't Help It (If I'm Still In Love With You)
Take These Chains From My Heart
Cold, Cold Heart
No comments:
Post a Comment